Pokémon is taking the world by storm.
With the recently released Pokémon Battle Academy board game, and rumors swirling around that Pokémon Diamond and Pearl remasters are heading to the Switch, along with confirmation of a new Pokémon Snap game, it’s a good time to be a Pokéfan.
And now The Pokémon Company has givens fans yet another release to look forward to, this time concerning the Pokémon trading card game.
The Pokémon TCG will be getting a new expansion of over 185 cards called Vivid Voltage when it launches internationally on November 13th. Here are some new features and additions Vivid Voltage will bring to the table:
- Six new VMAX Pokémon, including Coalossal VMAX., Orbeetle VMAX, and Pikachu VMAX.
- The first appearance of Mythical Pokémon Zarude as a playable card in the TCG.
- A new card type called “Amazing Pokémon,” which features new variants of Legendary and Mythical Pokémon overlaying new foil and etchings that make the artwork pop.
- 16 Trainer cards and seven full-art Supporter cards
- Four new Special Energy cards
All of this comes after The Pokémon Company made changes to Secret Rare Cards and removed Fairy-Type Energy from the TCG – showing an increased willingness to both implement new concepts and remove old ones with each new Pokémon TCG iteration.
Please note that some links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale which helps support the site. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.